Saturday, May 30, 2015

Happiness

Happiness. We all want it. It's the care free feeling that everything is in place and nothing is wrong. Reality is there will always be times that you are unhappy. Happiness is a mood and it isn't permanent. However, there are so many things you can do to make the mood more prevalent. My boyfriend pounded in my head week after week that I needed to make decisions that would make me happy. What? I thought. I am happy. But he was right, I wasn't. I was making decisions solely to make other people happy or not mad at me. I slowly started to realize the hole that I was digging. It is a never ending cycle because people will not always be happy with you and that's okay. Changing the way I think has made me so different in the fact that I don't feel weighed down. I feel more free than I've ever felt because I let go of the negative things and pushed forward to my future. I am beyond excited because I am on such a straight path now. I know what I want to do for a career, I have positive people surrounding me, I have an amazing God who listens to my prayers and above all I am the happiest I've been my entire life. My advice to anyone is to give up whats weighing you down. No matter how hard it is, you have to think for yourself. I know my boyfriend will look at this and say "I told you so." And I couldn't care less to admit that he's right. Everyone deserves to feel this good. I know like I said before, happiness isn't permanent, but there is never a limit on how happy you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment