Friday, May 15, 2015

Ready to Begin my Career

My Jeep pulled into the gravel drive and I eagerly stepped out and began walking to the the front door. I peered around the corner to find the first two rooms. Upon opening the door my nose filled with the smell of cat dander and my heart filled with instant love. The cats pranced around the room without a care. Some sleeping, some playing with toys and some purring as they rubbed against my legs. All my life I have wanted to do something with animals. My mom always jokes about how my first career option as a five year old was a "dog walker." Deciding a major became a daily struggle that consumed my every thought. I wanted to do something that I loved that would also pay the bills. It became clear to me over the last month that I was neglecting what I have always loved, animals. I always hesitated to work with animals because it meant working with cats which I am allergic to. But walking into the humane society, I couldn't be more sure. Walking down the narrow hall, I walked into the room where the dogs were. I saw one of the workers carefully helping puppies to learn their new surroundings and I couldn't help but see myself doing something like that. The whole time I walked through I was thinking about how I could use my time to do something better. I am truly excited about what is to come for my future career. I thank God for the answered prayer about my confusion of where I am supposed to go. I feel strongly that this is where I am lead and can't wait to help one paw at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment